Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Underneath it, all.

There's music dancing through my head,
I find something beautiful
in a world I was giving up on.
~
Stolen moments
given by the stars to two so deserving of grace
none so needful of it than these shadow twins.
~
Energy, spirit, soul recognition
even from a distance:
I felt that bright spark when our hands traded peace.
~
The wounded in my dreams,
your place is always in my arms
and indelibly writ that reservation.
~
History has no bearing on recognition of souls.
Distance does not dictate the closeness of hearts,
And the pull of rails and whistles only broadens understanding.
~
I will wait
For your sharp moonlit gaze
Each night as I look out my window.
~
It is true that we are under the same moon we frolicked under,
Children baptized by silver light and mischief,
But that moon means more to us than most.
~
Each noise I hear in the night,
I check my window:
Just in case you need my arms at last.

~~~Erin M. 1/23

No comments:

Post a Comment